All claimants must be “Attached To The Labor Market” to Receive Workers’ Compensation payments!
That’s a fancy way of saying that you have to look for or retrain for work within your physical
restrictions to qualify for continuing payments.
6 Steps Towards A Successful Labor Market Attachment:
1. Create and File Your Resume.
2. Apply For Access VR/VESID Services - Click Here
3. Enroll In School: GED classes, ESL classes, or an appropriate retraining program through OACES, BOCES, REOC, MCC, or Other Accredited Institution.
4. Apply for Jobs - Click Here for Recent Job Postings
a) Routinely visit Rochester Works for job placement and vocational counseling services and to take career building seminars and workshops.
5. Like our Facebook page in order to get updates pertaining to work search.
6. Thoroughly document all of your efforts on the Board's C-258 Family of Forms to make them count!
And remember, we are here to help throughout the entire process!